Friday, December 17, 2010

Help Support our Troops!

Right now I am missing Jake a lot, so I thought I would come on here and share some stuff with you folks to take my mind off it.

Tis the season for giving, and there are many ways to help our troops, so take a moment to look over my list of things, and please consider helping out with some of these great outreaches. Remember that these men and women are out there fighting for our freedom away from many of the comforts of home, including their families. These people are very deserving of all the support we can give them! I know I am a little biased, but I know that they appreciate all that we can do to show our support.

1) Mail: send letters and or care packages, take a moment to say thank you and let them know you are thinking of them. These are big morale boosters when they are feeling down. letters from family friends, or even people they don't really know are really important to them.

2) Coffee: Buy a cup of coffee for a service member through this program, you can't pick who it goes to, but it will surely surprise and bless this person's day
http://www.greenbeanscoffee.com/coj/index.php

3) Cookies: Kenmore will send cookies to the troops and all you have to do is click a button
http://www.facebook.com/kenmore?v=app_155844884458429&ref=nf

4)Phone Cards: If you don't have a soldier to send a phone card to that's ok, this program Cell Phones for Soldiers takes used cell phones and turns them into phone cards for our soldiers. We all have old phones that are just sitting around... Drop them off today!
http://www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com/locateDropoff.asp

6)Donate: there are TONS of organizations out there that go the extra mile to help our troops, whether wounded, currently serving, or reintegrating, there are programs for all different aspects of military service, look up the things you are interested in and donate directly to them! Help out today!

This is my list so far, and it is far too late. so I am going to go to bed, but let me know if you know of other things I should put on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment