Sunday, December 12, 2010

2 years ago today

On December 12th, 2008 a boy named Jake worked up all his courage and smooched a girl named Claire, under the mistletoe. That was the first day of the rest of my life. I could have never known the plans God had for me at that time, but man were they great! I know that I complain often about being an army wife, and about Jake being deployed, but the truth is that I am so proud of what he does for this country, and I know that we were made for this lifestyle. God clearly blessed our marriage and I know that He will not give me more than I can handle. Everyday I am thankful for the life God has given me. I am so glad for the life that we have built together. 2 years ago I was terrified of commitment, I wasn't really sure that I would ever get married. Jake came in and swept me off my feet, and quickly taught me what it means to be in love, and to purpose to love someone through everything. Now we are learning how to love across the ocean and the desert, and though it's not always easy we have negotiated our way around. Thank you Lord for giving us each other. Thank you Friends and Family for your continued support. And Thank you Jake for all the love, commitment, and respect, that you have given, and continue to give me day in and day out. without you, I would be lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment